The Maintenance Manager is responsible for implementing preventative maintenance programs across two thermoforming plants operating on a 24/7 basis. The goal is to attain overall equipment reliability in line with world class standards and the allocated budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair, maintain and refurbish all associated manufacturing equipment (Thermoforming lines, robots and auxiliary equipment).
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance systems.
- Develop strategic plans to make improvements in coordination with the Production team, Tooling team, and the Process Improvement team.
- Lead the maintenance teams in the two thermoforming plants.
- Continuously evaluate and make decisions to determine resource requirements, establish department cost savings projects and timelines, and resolve production problems in order to support manufacturing objectives.
- Implement initiatives to improve productivity and quality.
- Support capital equipment acquisitions and installation projects.
- Identify areas for waste reduction and implement cost saving initiatives.
Any other duties as assigned by Management.
- University degree or diploma in engineering or equivalent field
- 5-7 years of proven experience in Maintenance in the plastics molding industry.
- Good knowledge of electrical (servo motors & drives), hydraulics and pneumatics.
- "Hands-on" leader in plant floor operations
- Experience with LEAN including 5S, Kaizen, Kanban and root cause analysis.
- Experience in implementing and managing a PM program.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Experience in budget management.
- Ability to conduct presentations.
- Strong team player, team builder and team leader.
- Possess strong technical skills with application to basic engineering principles.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Some travel may be required
This job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting with frequent visits to the plant floor where prescribed protective equipment (Hairnet, Safety Eyewear and Footwear) is required to be worn.
Direct reports: 2 x Plant Maintenance Coordinators
Indirect Reports: 22 maintenance technicians