Cascade Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of materials handling equipment and related technologies.
Cascade Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of materials handling equipment and related technologies. We provide all employees with challenging and rewarding opportunities to utilize their talents and contribute to our shared success.
We currently seek a Technical Publication Writer to join our team in our Mississauga, ON location.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Produce high-quality production documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience;
- Prepare installation, parts, and set-up manuals for end users;
- Verify the parts number corresponds with the engineering drawings;
- Responsible for maintaining a well-organized and up-to-date Technical Publication Library on the shared drive;
- Maintains revisions and distribution of the Company’s technical manuals, and serial plate/page in accordance with Company approved procedures;
- Ensures timely distribution, tracking, and follow-up of technical documents and manual revisions, and distribute material in a timely manner;
- Support Company departments with copies of required technical data as required;
- Receives all technical documents and publications from outside sources and maintains these documents;
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and programs.
Health & Safety:
- Work SMART and work SAFE – follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures;
- Must wear the proper PPE as per company policy;
- Housekeeping – ensure proper storage of all tools, area is kept clean and tidy; no slip trip or fall hazards are present, and all materials are stored in the proper container/cabinet;
- Ensure that equipment is in proper working order, if applicable conduct pre and post work inspections on your tools/equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understood in text and pictures;
- Able to take direction both oral and written;
- Highly organized, well-planned, productive, self-directed individual who requires minimal supervision, and is able to meet tight production timelines;
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills, possess the ability to make decision and to influence others;
- Intermediate mathematical skills are required;
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Willing to work in a team environment, possess solid work ethic, and pays attention to detail;
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value.
- Post-Secondary education in Design and Communications, or equivalent experience preferred;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in preparing installation and set-up manuals;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), Adobe Professional, Solid Edge, and Illustrator;
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality with work product;
- Exposure to or have worked in an environment where Lean/Six Sigma principles were practiced.
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. This position may include occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. and carrying up to 10 feet.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.